ASPİLSAN Enerji Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. was founded in Kayseri Organized Industrial Zone in 1981.
ASPİLSAN Enerji; like ASELSAN, ROKETSAN, Turkish Aerospace, HAVELSAN and İŞBİR Elektrik, is a company of Turkish Armed Forces Foundation (TAFF) and 98.32% of its shares are owned by TAFF.
ASPİLSAN Enerji started the production of radio batteries in 1985, and the production of aircraft and helicopter batteries in Ni-Cd chemistry in 1993. Until 1996, ASPİLSAN Enerji produced Ni-Cd rechargable cells with Varta license.
The main activities and solutions of ASPİLSAN Enerji are;
• INR18650 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Cylindrical Battery Production
• Different Chemistry Cells’ Sale
• Radio and Weapon Battery Systems
• Telecommunication Batteries
• Medical Battery Systems
• Mini ESS and Energy Storage Systems
• Aviation Battery Systems and Battery Batteries (Lithium-Ion and Nickel Cadmium)
• Marine Battery Systems
• Railway Battery Systems
• Robotics and Autonomous Battery Systems
• Engineering and Test Services
• Electronic Card Assembly
ASPİLSAN Enerji, the first and only company in Türkiye to produce aircraft/helicopter battery systems in Ni-Cd chemistry, is also the largest battery manufacturer in the country.
The four R&D centers are located in Kayseri, Ankara, and Istanbul. Battery Systems R&D Center in Kayseri; Electronic R&D Center in Ankara; Cell Design and Development R&D Center in Ankara; and Fuel Cells and Hydrogen R&D Center in Istanbul R&D Center.
ASPİLSAN Enerji offers all our solutions and services with the following quality management certifications;
• EASA Part- 21 POA: European Aviation Safety Agency Part – 21 Production Organization Approval
• EASA Part – 21 ADOA: European Aviation Safety Agency Alternative Procedures to Design Organization Approval
• IRIS ISO 22163: International Railway Industry Standard
• AQAP 2110: NATO Quality Assurance Requirement for Design, Development, and Production
• ISO 9001:2015: International Organization for Standardization’s 9001 Standard for Quality Management Systems
• ISO 14001: Environmental Management Systems
• ISO 45001: Occupational Health and Safety Management
ASPİLSAN Enerji has started mass production of its Li-Ion Rechargable Cylindrical Cell ASPİLSAN INR18650A28 in June 2022 and it is the first company in Europe to conduct mass production of li-ion 18650 cells. The design, development and production of the cell is completely domestic and national. All intellectual and industrial property rights of the cell belong to ASPİLSAN Enerji.
The chemistry and composition of ASPİLSAN INR18650A28 is nickel-rich lithium-nickel-manganese-cobalt oxide. Its dimension is 18650; its capacity is 2800 mAh and its voltage is 3.6V. Compared to similar capacity cells of well-known certified brands, ASPİLSAN Enerji’s lithium-ion 18650 cell has proved to have a higher discharge rate and the ability to function at lower temperatures.
The annual production capacity of the lithium-ion cell production plant is 220 MWh. The production line is capable of producing 21,600,000 cells per year. The plant infrastructure and production line are not designed and constructed solely to produce cells in NMC chemistry but also 18650 and 21700 lithium ion cells in NCA, LFP, LCO, LMO and LTO chemistries. The safety and performance certifications received for ASPİLSAN INR18650A28 cell are as follows;
• Undot38.3: Standard Containing Safety Test for International Air Transport
• IEC 62133-2: Standard Containing User Electronics Safety Testing
• IEC 61960-3: Standard Containing User Electronics Performance Testing
• UL 1642: Standard for User Electronics Safety Testing (US Market)
The lithium-ion cells produced by ASPİLSAN Enerji can be used in radio systems, jammers, robotic and weapon systems, power tools, medical batteries, hybrid vehicles, smart textile product batteries, electronic bikes and scooters, forklifts, UPS systems, and energy storage systems. In addition to the existing product portfolio, ASPİLSAN Enerji designs and develops project-based products to meet customers’ needs.